This Thanksgiving, as you are likely planning to indulge (and most of us overindulge, but that’s between us and our gym memberships) in a feast, look for ways to bring abundance into other lives as well.
There are 36.2 million Americans, and more than a billion people worldwide who do not get enough to eat. WHY is a non-profit charity working to end world hunger and poverty. The annual Hungerthon is a radio broadcast each Thanksgiving to bring awareness and appeal for donations (of dollars and/or hours of your volunteering time) to help feed the world. “Imagine There’s No Hunger” is the theme (approved by Yoko Ono who generously allowed John Lennon’s lyric and images to stand for the project). Other giants of the music industry are on board and have donated items for auction to raise money. Some of the big ticket items are: *A signed photograph from Henry Diltz, courtesy of the Morrison Hotel Gallery.
* A signed guitar from Sarah McLachlan, courtesy of Nettwerk Management.
* A signed deluxe box set from The Dave Matthews Band, courtesy of Red Light Management.
* A signed guitar from The Counting Crows, courtesy of The Artists Organization.
* An autographed photo and signed copy of the new album ‘Battle Studies’ from John Mayer, courtesy of Mick Management.
* A signed special edition of “21st Century Breakdown,” courtesy of Green Day.
Bid on these items, make a general donation, and volunteer some time for other events and spreading the word.
It is what being thankful is all about.